Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ratio Inflation or Genuine Improvement?

QS have helpfully provided the means and standard deviations for their ranking indicators. For student faculty the mean is 0.09, which works out as a mean of 11.11 students per faculty.

But looking at the data for 2006, the mean number of students per faculty (using the scores provided by QS and cross-checking with the data on their website) was 16.44 students per faculty (N = 531). There has, it would seem, been a very substantial improvement on this indicator in only two years.

Is this a real improvement?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr .Richard Holmes,
I am a student of engineering from India, and for the benefit of my friends in college i have put a list of rankings as per US News magazine on my blog www.galysan.blogspot.com
It would be a huge help if u could provide a link on your website to my web site.That would greatly help my friends and myself.
Thanking you